Friday, May 20, 2005

My First Win

Today I won my first game after the start of the MDLM programme. Here's the game:

First Win

[Event "Casual Game"]
[Site "ChessWorld.net"]
[Date "2005.05.04"]
[White "prana70"]
[Black "Satish, Talim"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "D00"]
[Annotator "Talim,Satish"]

1. d4 d5 2. g3 e5 3. Bg2 exd4 4. Qxd4 {My pawn at d5 is
attacked by his Queen and Bishop - it needs protection. I would have loved to attack his Queen but I feel the exchange that would follow would not be to my advantage.} Nf6 {I think it's better than c6} 5. Nc3 c5 {
Attack is the best form of defence. His Queen is out at the center, very early.
} 6. Qe5+ Be6 {Safeguard my King and protect my d5} 7. Bg5 Nbd7
{Safeguard this Knight and attack his Queen and also safeguard my other Knight}
8. Qf4 d4 9. Ne4 {Queen being over-worked... need to do something} Qa5+ 10.
Nd2 Nd5 {Attack his Queen} 11. Bxd5 Bxd5 12. Ngf3 h6 {Attack the Bishop
} 13. Qf5 Be6 14. Qe4 hxg5 15. Nxg5 Nf6 16. Qxb7 Bd5 {His Queen is trapped.}
17. b4 cxb4 18. Nb3 Bxb7 19. Nxa5 Bxh1 20. f3 Rxh2 21. Kf1
Bg2+ 22. Kg1 Rh1+ 23. Kxg2 Rxa1 0-1

Update: I want to analyse this game in Fritz 8. I would like those Knights using Fritz, to please tell me what's the best approach to do this.
Technorati Tags:

10 Comments:

Blogger Christian said...

Congrats for the nice win. Your opp was so kind to offer you a couple of tempos by exposing his queen. You made best use of it. Bravo!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I guess I was lucky. Started playing 2 games with ChessSmith today.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I'm not a chess player but congratulations!
Peace..............

7:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

excellant game.
Wow a chess blog,very interesting.
I remember being here a long time back. I think through blog-explosion.

11:56 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Good game, Satish. Have you established a rating yet?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments guys. Well Chessworld.net has given me a provisional rating of 1400, but I do not if that would help.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Congrats on your win! I like your annotations too.

PS

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chess

8:54 PM  
Blogger Zek said...

Congratulations for the win. Good to make use of his early queen ventures.

7:40 PM  
Blogger joanne said...

Wow, I learned chess a number of years ago on yahoo games. I am not good at it, though. You would probably whoop my butt.

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home