Sunday, May 08, 2005

MDLM Programme Kick Off

Just got back from a brief vacation. As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I am starting off on the MDLM programme from 9th May 2005.

I have been trying to get hold of Maza's 'Rapid Chess Improvement' book in Pune, India but without any success. It's available on Amazon but the price is a stiff US $16. Also, it would take them about three weeks to deliver the book to me. I can't wait to get started. I have Maza's article on '400 Points in 400 Days' and Ed Gaillard mentioned to me that 'all the actual improvement techniques are in the article, so you don't really need the book'.

I start off with 'Concentric Squares' tomorrow.

I need to be prepared for the next stage and based on Eric E. Thomson's blog, I have placed an on-line order for 'TASC Chess CD'. Another US $35.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Transferring this comment from Haloscan -
Best of luck, and welcome to the Knights Errant! I wonder if Tasc will be too easy for you??? I am a true beginner, and it seems you are way better than I am. You can always change your mind...

It is true you don't need MDLM's book: his articles are fine.
blue devil knight at http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com/
9th May 2005 - 12:23 am

4:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks 'Blue Devil'. Well, I will try out TASC and if it's too easy, then I will get the other software. Also, thank you 'Temposchlucker' (http://temposchlucker.blogspot.com/2005/05/fishing-habit.html) for welcoming me to the company of the 'Knights Errant'

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home