Monday, May 09, 2005

One Day Down

Finished the first day of Concentric Squares using the black rook, black bishop and black queen. I will integrate the knight concentric exercise into my knight sight drills. It took me 15 minutes with the black rook to figure out 20 fork positions and 63 skewer positions; 5 minutes with the black bishop for 26 fork positions and 63 skewer positions and 3 minutes with the black queen for 0 fork positions and 63 skewer positions. A total of 23 minutes. Have I got the figures for the forks and skewers correct?
Technorati Tags:

6 Comments:

Blogger Margriet said...

Hurray, the blog is ok.
Welcome to the round table.
Nice to see that you do allso Tasc.
I'm working at the 5e step.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

Hi Satish, welcome aboard. Yesterday your blog let my browser hang up, today everything is ok, so I put you on my link list. Good luck!

7:31 PM  
Blogger fussylizard said...

Satish, Check out my chess vision trainer at http://www.fussylizard.com/chess/chessvision.htm

I would be curious to hear if you find it useful or not, and if not, why not.

Good luck with the program. It was tons of work, but worth it (for me).

11:05 PM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

How is chesslife organized in India, is there a chessclub in Maharashtra?

4:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

First, thank you all for welcoming me as "Anand's Knight" - it's indeed an honour.
I will certainly give Fussylizard's program a try and get back to you.
As regards chess life in Maharashtra, well I stay in Pune a small city in the state of Maharashtra. There are small clubs where Chess is played but nothing much to write about. Chess has gained popularity in India recently, due to Anand's success internationally.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

It may sound unbelievable, but in the Netherlands we are still surfing on the wave induced by Max Euwe's worldchampionship back in 1935. So let's hope that Anand become worldchampion one day. In whatsoever construction. . .

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home