Monday, May 23, 2005

Knight Sight begins

Just completed the Concentric Squares exercise for two weeks. I begin the Knight Sight exercise today.
In the meantime, I am playing two games with ChessSmith and one with Mr. Charles Thayer.
I am trying to register my TASC Chess Tutor software online. However, both their site and email id are non-functional. Can the other Knight Errants please tell me how they registered their software?

Update: Apart from chess, family and consultancy, I have been busy setting up a blog that would help people understand blogging, software and technology - Appliblog. Do check it out.

6th June 2005 - Some of you have been asking me, as to how I use Flickr to upload my chess images. So here it is - You will first need a free Flickr account. Create one and log into the same. Click on the 'Upload Photos' option on the main page. Click on Browse and select the image you want to upload from your hard-disk. Add tags for the image eg. chess. Choose privacy setting as Public and then upload the photo. After the photo has been uploaded, add a Title and Description and click on SAVE. Your image should now appear on Flickr. Click on the image; a new page appears. Scroll down till you see 'See different sizes'. Click on the same. You will see Square, Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Large. Select the size you want. Now scroll down till you see 'Copy and paste this HTML into your webpage'. Cut/Paste this piece of html into you blog template. That's it.
Technorati Tags:

10 Comments:

Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

I didn't register my software...

8:49 AM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Nobody here knows why the site of TASC isn't online.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Strange. Probably they have sold the company. I think I should post this on some forum. Let's see.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Harmless, I created the diagram using Fritz 8. The diagram has been uploaded to www.flickr.com I can send you detailed instructions if you need them. Let me know.

4:44 AM  
Blogger neogrunfeld said...

hello Satish..could u pls teach me how to use flickr to publish the chess diagram after generating with Fritz8? Thx in advance..

p/s :btw, i have my own chess blog.
see at http://chessmatters.blogspot.com

9:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Grunfeld, you will first need a free flickr account. Create one and log into the same. Click on the 'Upload Photos' option on the main page. Click on Browse and select the diagram image from your hard-disk. Add tags for the image eg. chess. Choose privacy setting as Public and then upload the photo. After the photo has been uploaded, add a Title and Description and click on SAVE. You image should now appear on Flickr. Click on the image, a new page appears. Scroll down till you see 'See different sizes'. Click on the same. You will see Square, Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Large. Select the size you want. Now scroll down till you see 'Copy and paste this HTML into your webpage'. Cut/Paste this piece of html into you blog template. That's it.

10:27 AM  
Blogger neogrunfeld said...

Thx a lot Satish. You're such great talent in chess and in fact well-versed in cyber world.Ok,I've been testing flickr too and manage to upload the images.I wonder if u were using picasa + hello program too? I used it prior to flickr.Great utilities!!

2:05 PM  
Blogger neogrunfeld said...

Hi Satish.I wanna know if u could help me on using chess pgn game viewer e.g : Palview etc ;in my chess blog where databases is accompanied.Thx again

2:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I too used to use Picasa and Hello before Flickr. Flickr has a downloadable utily for uploading photos to your Flickr account. Use that. I still sometimes use Picasa for arranging photos on my hard disk.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have not used Palview, but from what I just read it seems that we will not be able to install the same on Blogger/Blogspot as there are files / databases that would be required and Blogger does not have the facility. I have seen another Javascript program that does the same without databases.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home