Monday, May 02, 2005

My Current Chess Status

Before I start on Maza's (MDLM) programme, I thought I should start afresh. I decided to start playing slow Chess games on LetsPlayChess. They have a good interface, and many, many people to play Chess with.
Player information for IndianGuru:
Rating: 1400
Games Completed: 0
Abandoned Games: 0
Wins: 0
Losses: 0
Draws: 0
I will start on MDLM's plan from 10th May, when I come back from a vacation with my family. Like I said before, time will be a constraint and I will have to balance my Chess life with my real life, which includes wife, kids a daytime job and the likes.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Transferring this comment from Haloscan -
Good luck to your quest! Most of the Knights have used the Ct-Art software that MDLM used, but any good tactics software or book would probably do just fine. The MDLM program is quite hard for an average western hobby player, so most of the Knights have adjusted the program somewhat to their liking.

BTW, the TWIC -games can be found in their archives
http://www.chesscenter.com/twic/twicp.html).
Unfortunately the Chess Position Trainer does require .NET.

Bahus at http://patzersmind.blogspot.com/
May 3 2005 at 11:42 pm

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Transferring this comment from Haloscan -
Thanks for your comments. I can't say I would recommend de la Maza's book, though. I would instead recommend Jeremy Silman's Reasses Your Chess as the most worthwhile book for improvement. Maza talks tactics, but he doesn't say anything about how tactics arise from having a good position. It's really tough to have tactical shots without first having an advantagous position.
The Christopher at http://purveyors-of-truth.blogspot.com/
3rd May 2005 - 4:10 am

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Transferring this comment from Haloscan -
Best of luck with the MDLM program. I think it is easy to adapt to having an actual life outside of chess. At least I hope it is.
Blue Devil Knight at
http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com/
6th May 2005 - 7:49 pm

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home