Sunday, May 01, 2005

Best Chess Books

Here's a list of some of the best chess books ever written, in no particular order. I know that some of you would disagree with this list and I would like you to suggest your own lists.

1. How To Re-Assess Your Chess by IM J. Silman

2. The Ideas Behind the Chess Openings by GM Ruben Fine
3. Pawn Structure Chess by GM Andy Soltis
4. The Complete Chess Player by Reinfeld
5. Logical Chess, Move-By-Move by Irving Chernev
6. The Game of Chess by GM Siegbert Tarrasch
7. Chess Fundamentals by Capablanca
8. The Secrets of Modern Chess Strategy by IM John Watson
9. The Art of Chess Analysis by GM Jan Timman
10.My System by Aaron Nimzovich
11.Think Like A GM by GM Alexander Kotov
12.The Chess Struggle in Practice by GM David Bronstein
13.My Sixty Memorable Chess Games by Bobby Fischer

Technorati Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Transferring this comment from Haloscan -
Very good list. I have few of these myself (1., 5., 8.). HTRYC was still bit too much for me (I've read Amateur's Mind couple of times though), John Watson even more so (still a book I'll return to at some point).

Following books have been helpful to me:

- Max Euwe : Chess Master vs. Chess Amateur (excellent!)
- Mikhail Tal : The Life and Games
- Silman : Amateur's Mind
- Reti : Masters of the Chess Board
- Keres & Kotov : Art of Middlegame

Bahus at http://patzersmind.blogspot.com/
May 1 2005 at 7:39 pm

3:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Transferring this comment from Haloscan -
http://www.dotbuzz.com/index.php...sts-by-ratings/
that talks about 'Recommended Chess Book Reading List by Ratings'. Have a look.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Transferring this comment from Haloscan -
I highly agree with your first two. Bronstein is a great author too, but I don't have that particular book.
The Christopher at http://purveyors-of-truth.blogspot.com/
3rd May 2005 at 8:25 pm

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home