Sunday, December 11, 2005

Chess Blogs Lens

Famed marketer Seth Godin and others have setup a new online platform called Squidoo that is finally in public beta mode. Eric Giguere says that Squidoo is all about building portals, not blogs. A portal is an aggregation of content into a single page. It's meant to provide a snapshot view of things. But unlike standard portals, Squidoo's portals -- which they call lenses -- are meant to be viewed by the general public. They're outward-facing portals instead of inward-facing portals. They get ranked through a feedback system. There's also a revenue-sharing incentive to encourage the Squidoo users to setup and maintain the portals, although you can donate the money raised to charity if you want to be philanthropic.

I have started building a Chess Blogs Lens, that hopefully would drive more traffic to our chess blogs. Let me know if the description of your blog is what you want others to see, and if your blog is not listed, just comment on this blog post.
Technorati Tags: ,
Blogs linking to this article

8 Comments:

Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

You can list me if you can find the time...

11:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ofcourse I will.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

OMG me too! :P

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You left out my chess blog which is one of the very first to use Flash Video to illustrate chess games.

http://chesstalk.blogpsot.com

I hope you can add this to your lens.

Thanks.

4:20 PM  
Blogger guruchess said...

I'd like to be added as well

10:43 AM  
Blogger ChessManiac.com Team Member said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:16 PM  
Blogger ChessManiac.com Team Member said...

I would like to get my blog listed too.

http://www.chessmaniac.com

4:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Added your link.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home