Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Ranking of the top 30 Chess Blogs

I was pleasantly surprised to see my Chess blog being ranked No. 3 by Susan Polgar in her blog post. Susan Polgar, as you all know, is the Winner of 4 Women's World Chess Championships and 10 Olympic Medals (5 Gold, 4 Silver and 1 Bronze). Currently ranked No. 1 in the United States and No. 2 in the world.
Update (9th Sept): DG has pointed out in a comment to Susan's post that, this list is available on Blogshares - Top 100 Chess Blogs. Also the post Measuring the Chess Blogosphere explains why it's important to measure readership in terms of unique visitors to a blog, rather than by what Blogshares measures - something derivative of the number of other blogs which link to you.
Technorati Tags: , ,
Blogs linking to this article

7 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

I am stunned. I always thought there were tens of thousands chessblogs out there. But I never checked that.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Mayuresh Kadu said...

Mr. Talim,

Thats good news. Good going :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Hey druss. All you have to do is bug the other knights to put your link on their blog. All the site tracks is links to and from your blog.

PS

1:24 AM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Just do what Magnifichess does: create 50+ blogs and link them all to one another. :)

The Knights make up well over 50% of the list.

5:56 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

My blog is higher ranked than Dennis M's?! That's a shocker! I'm truly humbled.

1:16 AM  
Blogger GilaChess said...

I'll take the listing with a pinch of salt.

I've been blogging about chess for a couple of months now and I'm a member of blogshare but I'm not even listed in the top 100.z

9:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very true. In fact, DG clarified about this and if you see my Update to this post, you will find the link to where this top 30 list came from.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home