Saturday, August 20, 2005

ItsYourTurn site has crashed

Today morning I woke up and found that the site ItsYourTurn, where I normally play Chess had crashed. According to them, "We have experienced a major disk crash, and our backup is also unusable. While we are trying to retrieve what's left on the disk, the prognosis does not look good. We will be down for a few days at least, and this may be as long as 2 weeks." That's sad, I had recently paid for a 2 year membership. I guess, I will have to play online chess at ChessWorld. generalkaia had suggested GameKnot, but the site seems to be down as I am not able to register there.
Update: I have registered and started playing at RedHotPawn and I find this site good. (30th Aug) The site www.itsyourturn.com is up today and nothing was lost.
Technorati Tags: , , , ,
Blogs linking to this article

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't even notice that it had crashed. That's odd, they fixed it fast at least.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My fualt, they are definetly down. That link you posted on my blog is informative, at least they are trying their best.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should encourage all the knights to register and play at RedHotPawn. It's a well-managed site, and definitely a great way to improve your chess!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So is itsyourturn up and running again? Did anything get lost?

6:09 AM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Hey Satish,

I'll see you on RHP.

PS

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home