Monday, October 17, 2005

Chase for chess thrives at three

Chess Champion?
Jamshedpur, Oct. 16: She was nervous while moving the black pieces across the board. The kid was also a bit dazzled by the hustle-bustle accompanying the sixth The Telegrapg Schools' Chess-2005.

At three years, ten months and two days, it took Sonia Varma some time to regain her composure. The youngest participant of the chess meet that is underway at the eastern wing of the JRD Tata Sports Complex. Sonia is fast learning the nitty-gritty of the game. "I am learning chess from my mummy and daddy. I have already learnt some openings," she mumbles. For a full report, refer The Telegraph.
Technorati Tags: ,
Blogs linking to this article

3 Comments:

Blogger CelticDeath said...

Boy, that's young! She'll give Humpy a run for her money, for sure.

12:21 AM  
Blogger GilaChess said...

3 years old!!!

That's just way too young.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would not have believed it myself. However, the newspaper that carried this report is well known and I don't think they would make a mistake.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home